Found fish in my filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spoonman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Was doing water change in my 115G cichlid tank today and was rinsing out the media in my Rena XP3 filter and found a baby Acei in the filter when I dumped it out in the sink. It was about 1/2" long and I put it in the tank. Lets see how it does!

How lucky can you get. I normally just find gunk in my filters. ;)LOL

I dont know what it was eating. Pretty cool though. Still doing good, hiding out from the bigger fish.

you can add a piece of filter sponge like a prefilter on your intake pipe to prevent this in the future. also prevents excessive gunk in your filter media just rinse the filter in the sink once in a while......i did this after all my gambusia fry ended up in a filter......

I used a new pair of my wife's nylons and a rubber band to cover the intake valve of my filter. I had a molly fry survive the ride through my 75 foot Python into my laundry room sink and found him the next day alive in a small bowl in the sink. I had no idea he was even in the aquarium.

I found my huge fantail male guppy(full adult size) in the impeller box, still not sure how the guy got there in the first place since its a AC70 HOB but somehow he made it past the biomedia, past floss and into the impeller box.

Haha! LOL! How lucky can you get? Congrats! I recommend adding some driftwood. They normally feed on algae that have grown in driftwood as part of their diet. Does he look like this?

Pseudotropheus acei “Msuli Point”

Let us know how he does.

I have had the same problem with guppy fry getting in. I can't figure out how as I have a sponge on the end of my filter but they do it lol. Also I don't understand how they get past the impeller. I think we don't give fry enough credit for how hardy they actually are lol.

Back
Top Bottom