Fresh Fruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can cichlids eat any kind of fresh fruit or berries? Such as strawberries, pineapple or melon? Or is it safer just to stick to veggies?

More depends of if they will eat it, most fish get use to a type of food and have a hard time changing or even trying much of anything else.

I have tried all sorts of stuff in my tank and most of the time I just have to clean it out later, some fish though are more into fruit, what type of fish do you have?

I have tried all sorts of stuff in my tank and most of the time I just have to clean it out later, some fish though are more into fruit, what type of fish do you have?

2 Yellow Labs, 2 Kenyi, 1 peacock and 1 Albino Zebra.

Lettuce, peas, spinach, brocoli,zuchini..all good. Never heard of fruit

Its just mainly a curiosity thing. I like to change things up a bit for them from time to time but dont want to throw anything in the tank that might hurt them.

I just give them the chopped stuff. You can mix it in with the brine shrimp. Dont go overboard tho. Its kind of smells if you do

Jmedic25 said:
I just give them the chopped stuff. You can mix it in with the brine shrimp. Dont go overboard tho. Its kind of smells if you do

Too much brine shrimp will cause bloat. I've stopped giving mine brine shrimp all together. Don't wanna take the chance.

Back
Top Bottom