Frontosa w Peacocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay I purchased a baby Frontosa ( adorable)Sat hes doing okay w my peacocks. I didnt realize that hes from a different lake than the rpeacocks. Am I going to have problrms w him as he gets bigger? Right now he hides in the holey rock n only comes out during feedingsg

Yes he is from a different lake, but they should all fet along just fine. Fronts generally aren't very aggressive when kept alone. I hope you have a nice big tank though.

They just get too big. I have a 90 and I can't inagine one in there. My lfs has 3 over a foot long and they're still young. Great looking but they just get sooo big. And I'm not a fan of the hump they get. But they are cute when small. I can't say how quickly thu grow as I've not had one but best of luck. Just b prepared to give it or sell it away eventually.

I'm getting a 125 on craigslist this weekend, nice black stand for $420 .. delivered! and with 4 varied severums that blend nicely with the fish I have -- perfect!

Yeah I researched after I purchased him/her and seen pictures of the big bump on its head. Yuck. Wish the guy at the lfs told me when I purchased him/her. Looks like ill be trading it into the other store I go to bummer....

I have a frontona mixed with several peacocks. They are great together. Frontosa is always just chillin. The peacocks seam to be growing faster than the frontosa. Check out livefishdirect.com they have some super cool peacocks. Just kind of expensive for shipping.

Yeah all the dish are healthy. Some fish don't look super like the picture, but everything is still alive, they have some super cool peacocks tho. Just buy in bulk. The shipping was like 34 dollars

What's not to like about frontosa nuchal humps? :lol:

The nuchal humps of the southern frontosa/gibberosa variants isn't as pronounced as this burundi's is.

img_2570103_0_7ba30915de47c42c41d7d9f1ca4e8ea7.jpg

The frontosa in the link below tried to eat its peacock tank mate:
I guess he got tried of Krill... - Cyphos.com

Although I still think they are cute despite the hump. Maybe ill go for a 90 gallon and he/she will be my main visual point

90 has the same footprint as a 75. id shoot for 6ft min if you want to keep the front. A full grown front will make a 4ft look small.

Like the posted link says, frontosa are predators that feed on smaller fish in lake tanganyika, I'd be careful ;)

Back
Top Bottom