fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowman17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a holding female and I have a breeder box that's failed me one too many times. My question is can I hold the fry in a 4gallon bucket with an air Stone, and a water change every day until I can get a ten gallon tank or better breeder box?

So I have a holding female and I have a breeder box that's failed me one too many times. My question is can I hold the fry in a 4gallon bucket with an air Stone, and a water change every day until I can get a ten gallon tank or better breeder box?
Instead of an airstone, use a sponge filter and it's no different than a tank really. Just make sure you have a heater or something to maintain the water temp

Instead of an airstone, use a sponge filter and it's no different than a tank really. Just make sure you have a heater or something to maintain the water temp

Agree, if you don't have a sponge filter cut a filter sponge and put the air stone in the middle works just as good ime

The air being blown up draws water from around the airstone and forces it up and put towards the edge of the tank causing a slight flow. The sponge around the air stone helps to trap waste before it flows up ward with the bubbles

Can I jus stick the air tube inside it I think my air stone would be too big its about 5' with led lights on it.

Back
Top Bottom