GBR breeding and treatment questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They do that on their own. You just have to make sure the water is right( low ph ) so the eggs will survive.

In saying thati think my females pregnant what can i do for them to help them?? I can move them into my 10gal hospital tank. It almost looks like she has an egg coming out now

Females do not get pregnant.

They lay eggs, which are then fertilized by a male outside of the fishes' bodies. You must have a male and female present in the same tank to breed these fish.

Monkey Magic
She shouldn't have an egg hanging from her. You might need to move her to the 10gal and use some aquarium salt recommended dose for regular tank not the dose use to treat ill fish. That would be too much for a cichlid of her type.

ryan-peddle said:
Use a power head pointed on the eggs so it lightly blows on them and don't move them till you have wigglers

Power head?

so im doing a little bit of reading should i give the ram a salt bath instead of putting her in my hospital tank. i noticed when i got home from work she has the beginning of what looks like stress on her fin. what looked like an egg has gone but theirs still remnants and as i was writing this i noticed a tiny white worm like thing floating around my tank what should i do??

i think its planaria so ill just cut back on the feeding as for the parasite thing i just saw her eating one her eggs and then nnoticed a whole bunch of them and shes defending her area

Get some melifix or malfax(not sure on the spelling its still a little too early for my brain to be fully functional) and treat the whole tank and any other tank that you are using just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom