GBR with Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't do it. Bettas do best alone since you'll never know how they respond to tank mates

My betta had no problem with my Apisto Cacatuoides. I moved them to their own tank and replaced them with two Apistogramma agassizii's and it was on! They were in a 200L planted tank and my Betta was ruthless! I had to take them out straight away. It's odd because the Cac's are so much more colorful and had longer Finns. This might not be the same with your fish but it was a horrible feeling watching my Betta peruse these poor little guys.

I had him in a 10 with a female 6 neon tetras and 4 corys and I never hsd issues st this point the females fins are almost as big as his actually quiet good looking, but now its just him and her in a 10 bc I moved everyone else to my 72 and I got a 30g I was planning to move him in

When I had my 20 gal, I put my wife's betta in it with my Bolivian ram with various tetra and they coexisted without any issue. At least that was the case when I was around. The betta wasn't they long. Just long enough to cycle the gal tank at my wife's classroom. Every betta my family had never had issues with being in a community. But perhaps the betta and the Bolivian were fine because the betta pretty much stayed near the surface and the the ram stayed at the bottom. In my 55 gal tank, my German ram goes all over the place.

Don't risk it. My current betta will match any cichlid in terms of meanness. he even flares at the shrimp pellets. Now my first female lived peacefully with ottos, shrimp and a mystery snail.

Back
Top Bottom