geo id??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber1003

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all new to this site. I was wondering if anyone can help id this geo. Of course he was labeled as a Suri but I hear most are labeled that way. I am not sure if hr is too young for an Id but figured I would try.
Thanks in advance.

ForumRunner_20130909_061310.jpg

ForumRunner_20130909_061250.jpg

At first glimpse I thought a fire mouth without the red colour as it was young. Same shape or very close shape. I am a little stumped because of the lack of red. Sorry I can't help anymore.

Thanks for trying. I know it's not a firemouth. It is definitely a geophagus eartheater just not sure which one. I may have to wait till more color comes in unless someone else has any idea

My best guess would be brasiliensis, but it would mostly be a guess. I can never tell juvies apart.

The pictures are a little blury for me. The difference on juvi Geophagus are hard to tell. Are the tail lines vert or horizontal also is there orange on the bottom of the tail?

The lines on the tail are vertical and yes there is orange on the bottom of the tail.

The lines on the tail are vertical and yes there is orange on the bottom of the tail.

Ok Im stumped at this point If the lines on the tail were horizontal I would guess poss tapajos. the only people that were realy good with young geos arent on here any more.
PM sent

Back
Top Bottom