Geophagus and apistos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I were to set up a 6' 125 with geophagus would a few apistogramma be alright with them?

When did you get that!? And I think as long as you avoid the more aggressive geo's you'd be fine. Appistos like to hide anyway as I'm learning so enough cover would work well.

Yea wish cbourg was still here, i know he keeps tetras and even some guppys temporarily with his so I figure a couple apistogramma cacatuoides pairs would be alright

Hahaha alright when you send those fx5s to me

Depends on what species, most geos are still fairly opportunistic, but if you go with a smaller species, like tapajo or pindare, it should work. Don't be surprised if they end up missing, I've never had luck keeping ANY dwarf in my 75, but I have a pretty big mix of cichlids

Depends on what species, most geos are still fairly opportunistic, but if you go with a smaller species, like tapajo or pindare, it should work. Don't be surprised if they end up missing, I've never had luck keeping ANY dwarf in my 75, but I have a pretty big mix of cichlids

Alright I'll look into them. I was thinking apistogramma cacatuoides when they are 3"

The cacatuoides are probably one of my favorite apistos, although personally I prefer the original yellow colour morph rather than the double reds. I'm thinking of putting a pair in a spare 100 that I've got sitting around waiting to be set up.

The cacatuoides are probably one of my favorite apistos, although personally I prefer the original yellow colour morph rather than the double reds. I'm thinking of putting a pair in a spare 100 that I've got sitting around waiting to be set up.

I love them as well, I've got no shortage of apistogramma just not well versed with geophagus.

The taenioparius is cool and only gets to about 5-6 inches or the iporangensis maybe at about 4 inches or as mentioned above the pindare at about 6 inches, but I haven't got 1st hand experience so can't say what their temperament is like I'm afraid.

The taenioparius is cool and only gets to about 5-6 inches or the iporangensis maybe at about 4 inches or as mentioned above the pindare at about 6 inches, but I haven't got 1st hand experience so can't say what their temperament is like I'm afraid.

I have 7 pindare, they are extremely laid back

Back
Top Bottom