geophagus bahia red

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They finaly spawned! I was looking for the female today, because I hadn't seen her for a few days so I went looking for her. Well I found her in a flower pot behind a piece of driftwood along with about 200 babies!

Thanks, I probably won't have any pics until I figure out where I'm moving them to. I think I have one more 5 gal to hold them in until I make room for another grow-out tank.

Congratulations! I wouldn't keep over 200 fry in a 5 gallon tank, unless you want to trim that number down to around 50. I don't think that small volume of water can sustain that much fry.

The fry look like they hatched within the last day or two, the 5gal will only hold them until I set up my 40 gal to use as a grow-out tank. Hopefully they will go pretty fast on Aquabid.

I moved the fry to the holding tank earlier this evening, they look like they have a few days yet 'til they are free swimming. I feel kinda sorry for the little guys since their heads have the sticky patch on top, so as they wiggle around they are dragging anything and everything that sticks to them.

Well, no more fry I got up this morning and went to feed them and they were all dead. The params were perfect so I can't figure out what happened, I also found my breeder female dead earlier this evening, same circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom