geophagus juratari?!?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ramrebel

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got this cool new fish called a Geophagus Juratari (duh). He's in a 20 gal with a fire parrot and a pleco. The parrot OWNS the tank (he ate 2 ghost shrimp). He also eats ALL the food.

I saw the new guy picking up and spitting out rocks. Is he looking for food or just moving ?

Thanx

Ed

He is looking for food. The common name for G jurapari is "Earth Eater". BTW, All three fish in that tank will easily outgrow a 20g, make plans to trade them back or upgrade to a larger tank, there ya g, a built in excuse for a bigger tank :mrgreen:

thanx, NOW what do i feed him? I'm giving the parrot special red parrot food and the figure regular flakes for the earteater? is there a more appropriate food? how do I know the tank's too small?

reefrunner69 said:
I would look into a sinking cichlid pellet.

I agree with that. If the parrot tries to hog it up before it gets to the bottom, you might try using an acrylic tube, such as an uplift tube for a UGF. Put the tube in the tank and drop the food down through it. When it's all on the bottom, you can remove the tube. I feed my corys bloodworms that way and it works very well.
Logan J

Back
Top Bottom