German Blue Ram - Bright as ever!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

177ichael

Aquarium Advice Activist
On 2/16/2004 I added two females to my tank. About a week ago I added a male. Ever since the addition of the male, the females have colored up trememdously. I'd love to see a pair form. These fish are true gems. See pic below.

4455ram1.jpg

I've noticed that my existing Bolivian Ram has colored up significantly since I added the new 3 to the tank. The ram that died was much more colorful before, but now the other is bright as can be... :)

Neat!

Oh what a pretty baby!

Start looking for the breeding tubes on the girls; then you'll know they are ready for a little fishie nookie *grin*

That is a gorgeous Ram, I've always loved the little guys, and seeing pics like that always helps that admiration a ton, congrats, beautiful fish

Great image! What lighting did you use to capture the picture? I notice with my two immature rams (about 3/4" long each) I can catch brilliant blues with indirect sunlight but under my tank lights it is difficult to see any blue (though the pink on the females belly is more obvious and she seems to have an orange nose under the flourescent lighting).

I used to only be able to see the coloration on my rams under indirect sunlight as well. As a matter of fact, depending on where my rams are in my tank in relation to the single floursecent tube atop my tank, they differ in color intensity due to the light angle of the floursecent bulb. However, as they mature their colors seem to be getting brighter and brighter, regardless of the flourescent lighting.

4455ram2-med.jpg

Very nice ram! I am glad to see them happy and healthy, and we all hope you will get a pair out of the deal - keep us posted!

The two females appear to be bright and healthy, but it's the male the worries me. Ever since adding him to the tank, he has been hiding in the back of the tank. The females are both extremely aggressive and chase him back if he comes out for any extended time. Therefore, he hasn't been eating as much. He appears dull and weak in comparison to the females. I hope he can adjust to the tank soon.

Back
Top Bottom