German Blue Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maillis

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just purchased 4 Blue Rams (2 male, 2 female) for my 20 gallon tall tank. They've pretty much spent most of their time hiding amongst the plants in the back and corners of the tank. I don't think they've paired off yet but what would courting behavior look like? Also, I haven't noticed any real problems, only some nudging when I first put them into the tank, but do you think they have enough space for 2 pairs? The tank is 24wx12d.

Also, What's a good sex ratio? More females than males or 1:1?

My Bolivian rams were shy for the first couple of days. Now thay are right up front when I go near the tank and spend their time trying to eat the stuff inside the gravel vac when I clean the tank. I don't know if they choose single mates and stay with them or switch females between spawns. Some cichlids can be hard on a single female, so I have 1 male and 3 females. I have had them a month and no mating yet. :D

Well I decided to add a third female into the mix. It seems like 2 of my rams have sort of paired off, but the other male and 2 females are still doing their own thing.

Back
Top Bottom