German rams in groups?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I basically have no experience with this fish when it comes to housing more than 1 pair. I am setting up a 100 gallon South American tank 5ft long. How are they when it comes to living in groups? I would at least like to get 2 of each morph Blue, Gold, Electric, Also if anyone know a good place to buy rams feel free to give me that as well as I will be shopping around for some.

Tank sounds large enough to have more then one pair...
That being said every ram is different personality wise.
I have kept many pairs in my breeding dorms...
Look up some of my threads...There should be good pics?
Been breeding rams for 3+ years...
PM me if interested in in GBR...

May he fun to throw a big group of bolivians in there. They hang as a group and have pretty cool displays. Germans and variations females can be brutal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think that they will be fine in groups as long as you have lots of driftwood and plants to break up lines of sight and create different territories. As you probably already know, they like warm water. You could add large schools of cardinal and rummynoses which require the same water parameters and would make an amazing display.

There is a discus seller on aquabid.com who also sells different strains of rams.

Back
Top Bottom