Glass top V plastic top with larger CA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if anyone has had a large CA bust the glass tops on their tanks? The reason I ask is the hybrid I have will start doing tail stands in the corner where he gets fed if I'm late with feeding him. Eventually he starts hitting the plastic hood and has knocked the hinged area open to where it stays open. I have also come home late from work and found the strip light dislodged from where it is suppose to sit. Its funny because if he is fed before 5 this doesn't happen so I can only guess that just like a dog they get into a routine and know when something should happen. Am I crazy to think this?
Any way the Lyonsi tank has the glass tops and I'm wondering if they need to be changed to the plastic hoods for his safety when he gets larger.
Thanks
Mike

I've never had one break the glass lids but I've had to on many occasions place weights on top to keep them from going through them.

Thanks HUKIT I really don't like the plastic hoods.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I lost one of my 10" wild caught Vieja synspila a couple of weeks ago for this reason, I thought I left the lid open but the GF said it was closed when she found him dead.

Yea I am concerned about that and the glass top falling into the tank.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom