Golden Mbuna went from DARK to YELLOW after stock adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bryanm70

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had a temporary setup with some juvie OB Peacocks with three juvie Golden Mbunas. Two female and One male. The two females mysteriously died off (Were in bad health from the point of purchase) and all that remained was the male and the peacocks. While in the tank with the peacocks, he showed very minimal aggression and all tank mates behaved normal and ate with a vigorous appetite. He also showed a very dark coloration, almost no yellow at all. Today I moved the peacocks into a tank that contained 2 johannis and moved those johannis into the tank with the golden mbuna. There was some initial aggression, but it died down quickly. All three fish are about the same size, but my golden mbuna has went from an almost black color to a bright yellow, almost like his former female companions. I believe it's because he is submissive to the johannis, but my question is: Is there any way I can get his coloration back to his dark tint without modifying the stock? It's only day 1 so I'm not sure if it's permanent.

Back
Top Bottom