Green phantom work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have mbuna and peacocks, my ph stays at 8.0. Will a green phantom pleco in a 70 gallon, have enough room? Also would he be able to thrive in those conditions?

I would says its possible, although I'd be a little hesitant personally due to the initial cost and would look towards another species. I've had them shred some bristlenose and royal plecs and leave others alone, so it's hit or miss.

I would says its possible, although I'd be a little hesitant personally due to the initial cost and would look towards another species. I've had them shred some bristlenose and royal plecs and leave others alone, so it's hit or miss.

Ya I suppose so. I was at my lfs and saw he had one, probably 5 inches for 50 dollars. He caught my eye.

I wouldn't add just on fish or the might gang up on him I always add 2-3 at a time to cut back on bulling.

For sure, when I go to the lfs, if I don't get a full grown show male, I'll buy atleast 3 fish at a time. And thanks guys for the advice, I'll check out some bns

For sure, when I go to the lfs, if I don't get a full grown show male, I'll buy atleast 3 fish at a time. And thanks guys for the advice, I'll check out some bns

I added mine with a group too of cichlids. The other 20 fish were more concerned with them than the bnp. What works well for me is to fill a bucket w water from tank and float bags in it while I do a pwc w lights off at night. Then I net the new guys from bags and put them in the bucket of tank water and dump entire bucket back in in middle of other new water bucket fiulls. Then feed right after so they're occupied and leave lights off. Unconventional but never had a problem

Back
Top Bottom