Green Terror has to go!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
Got home yesterday to find my firemouth's tail almost completely gone...the green terror has to go,its too bad because he's a beautiful fish with tons of personallity but I'm not interested in a species only tank..

What size tank were they in? I had problems with an aggressive fish and had to bring her to my lfs. I usually stick with species only tanks or go aggressive community tank with all my aggressive fish.

He just may have been aggressive most are others pretty calm. How big are they and when did you introduce them?

tiger terror said:
Got home yesterday to find my firemouth's tail almost completely gone...the green terror has to go,its too bad because he's a beautiful fish with tons of personallity but I'm not interested in a species only tank..

I can relate. I've had to rehome two false green terrors (gold saums) for the same reasons.

The only green terror that wasn't a problem was the true green terror, but they are difficult to get.

The terror,ebjd,firemouth&pike(aka belly crawler) were all introduced at the same time all around 3/4" to 1" in length..the ? terror ? has since out grown them all,at 4" he wants to claim the entire tank as his own territory...the firemouth is the only one to challenge him since the introduction,the pike(aka belly crawler-aka EGOR) has been his faithful minion since the beginning...

I had a ram that didn't like a cory cat I had with him but be friended another cory cat and was cool with him. So it really depends on the fish.

Did some research & found what I thought was a true green terror is actually a gold saum..explains the over aggression towards others in the tank...has since been been rehomed...

Did some research & found what I thought was a true green terror is actually a gold saum..explains the over aggression towards others in the tank...has since been been rehomed...

Yep, the gold saums are everywhere. I had a true green terror (andinoacara stalsberg) a few months ago, but she died of hexamita.

Yeah the guy at the lfs guaranteed it to be a true terror,guess I'll have to educate em on their fish..did however get a Festae through em but was a complete terror..

tiger terror said:
Yeah the guy at the lfs guaranteed it to be a true terror,guess I'll have to educate em on their fish..did however get a Festae through em but was a complete terror..

Here is a picture of my true terror.

image-313108523.jpg

Im not surprised. The history and usage of the green terror common name is not consistent and well understood.

Nice fish! How's the aggression with him in the tank or is it species only?

The GT was in a cichlid-only tank (additionally including a pleco)

She was less aggressive than any gold saums I ever kept. This fish died about 3 months ago, which was a huge dissapointment. Green Terrors seem a little prone to disease in my opinion. I'm currently treating one now with Hex-like symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom