Green Terror not eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nothing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a ~4" green terror on Kijiji and since I've gotten him home he has not eaten. In front of me anyway. It's been about 2 weeks now. He's pooping, so he must be eating something, but he never shows interest in the food when I put it in. There's also a cardinal tetra and some otos in the tank that I missed when taking everything out, and he pays no attention to them either. He stays on one side of the tank for the most part and doesn't move around much. It's 55g btw. Any ideas what's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

How new is the tank? If it is a new tank, he may be stressed. Another possibility might be that he just needs some time to adjust, or he just doesn't want to eat in front of a person until he recognizes them as "the person who brings good food."
Live food might entice him to eat too.

It's been up for about a year now, so it's well established. I've tried frozen brine shrimp and blood worms and that didn't work, and as for the live food, I can't really get any around here except for feeder fish, but I don't trust those. He's got a cardinal tetra in there though and he pays no attention to it

It is probably just stressed because it is in a new tank with a new person. If there are no other noticeable symptoms, that's the most likely scenario.

Sounds good. Do you think getting him a tank mate would help? He had a lot of them in his old home, apparently he was always the most docile GT and the two smaller ones always out competed him at feeding time

I don't know much about green terror temperament, but maybe a very docile companion would help.

You got to bond with him :)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom