Green Terror sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikePronsky11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Whats up people, my green terror seems to have a white patchy build up behind each fin. I also believe he is suffering from fin rot. Whats the most effective way to treat it?

I have a Green Terrror and he has been lip locking with my Jack Dempsey. Because of this his mouth was quite shreaded. I used Myxazin, once a day for 5 days and it has totally cleared up. It's quite expensive though at £6.75 a bottle as bottle was gone after 5 days. Myxazin is also used for fin rot.

Alternatively you could use aquarium salt. A lot cheaper way of doing it. It depends if you have other fish in the tank though. Some fish can't tolerate salt. Some catfish I think.

Only thing with Myxazin it is blue liquid so water does go blue to start with but soon clears back to normal. Some of my rocks had blue on them though so needed a clean.

Thanks, i was thinking of moving him into a smaller 20 gallon tank to do the treatments aswell.

MikePronsky11 said:
Thanks, i was thinking of moving him into a smaller 20 gallon tank to do the treatments aswell.

All the better if you can do that. It will be back to normal in no time at all, they are very tough fish.

Back
Top Bottom