green terrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacock eeelss

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is a breeding pair of green terrors to big for a 55 gallon tank.
( I don't have them, this is just for future reference.)

If it was just the pair it would be fine. Heck of a lot better than what most people do

If it was just the pair it would be fine. Heck of a lot better than what most people do

Just because it is better than a 20 gallon doesn't make it right. I have a 75 and have been researching GT's and I wouldn't feel right putting a pair in that so I am just keeping 1 definitely would not put two in a 55.

add just 1 you and the fish will be happier. You could add a firemouth or convict if you want something else with it.

'Aequidens' sp. "Goldsaum" (which is a False Green terror btw), get to be 10-11" and are pretty aggressive. I would not put a breeding pair in a 55 there simply is not enough room for the female to escape the male and vice versa.

120 gallon stout (4x2x2) would be the smallest foot print wise I'd personally would feel comfortable trying that in. A 5' 100g or 6' 125g would be ideal. Call it over kill of you like but I prefer my cichlids to not be beaten to a pulp when they spawn or attempt to spawn.

No better than the 55 in all honesty, I've already covered what size would be best.

If you can't get a tank that big choose smaller fish.

Back
Top Bottom