Growing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Finally chip is growing now :)

image-675452461.jpg

Both of these were the same size when I bought them a month ago.. Now the big yellow one "ms pots" is a lot bigger than chip

image-22279837.jpg

She's starting to get a dark line down her sides anyone know what that could be?

When labs start to get black ventral fins and black face its called bearding. Means they are becoming the dominant male fish in the tank. Im not sure if the labidochromis female will beard if no male is present. The dark lines down the sides arent bearding. My lab male with stripe up (vertical) when hes spawning.

I called it she bc my kids named it ms pots sry ... I got both these from a "male" store but when I tried to vent them they were to small to make sure they were... I have a big ur one and I know for sure she is a female the rest I'm not so sure :-/ do that big yellow one is getting the dark line vertical?

Jmedic25 said:
When labs start to get black ventral fins and black face its called bearding. Means they are becoming the dominant male fish in the tank. Im not sure if the labidochromis female will beard if no male is present. The dark lines down the sides arent bearding. My lab male with stripe up (vertical) when hes spawning.

Some female labs will get black on there fins just like a male even if there are males in the tank or not.

Back
Top Bottom