Growth Rate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason7894561230

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey All
So i was just wondering how quickly my fish will grow, i have the following -
5 Labeotrophues Treavewasea - 6cm
4 Hongi - 5cm
1 Kenyi - 3cm
5 Black barred Zebra - 2-3.5cm
2 Electric Yellowa - 1 is 4cm the other 6cm
Also hopefully i will be adding Metriclima kingsizei 'Lupingu' probably 1 that is 5cm
I feed them spirulina flakes 2 times a week, hikari cichlid floating pellats 4 times a week and peas soaked in garlic the other day

Thanks,
Jason

It's really rough to say. Many factors come into play like water quality, how much the fish is actually eating, and most importantly - temperament of the tank. I have a red zebra that is about 5" and grew to 4" in about 3 months. He outgrew everyone in the tank and I have many fish in the tank that have maybe grown 1/2" in the past year.

Malawi Freak said:
It's really rough to say. Many factors come into play like water quality, how much the fish is actually eating, and most importantly - temperament of the tank. I have a red zebra that is about 5" and grew to 4" in about 3 months. He outgrew everyone in the tank and I have many fish in the tank that have maybe grown 1/2" in the past year.

+1
Would also like to add that increasing temperature boosts metabolism and growth, however it boosts activity as well. Which may or may not result in aggression.

Back
Top Bottom