Guess what happened today! Holding Xeno!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guess what happened in my tank tonight! I'm soooo excited!!!

77805-albums12939-picture62800.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture62801.jpg

77805-albums12939-picture62802.jpg

My Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Ndole Bay spawned!!!! :dance:

Thats awesome!! Are you going to try and rais the fry?

Yes, I sure am. Was hoping they would breed for me and I guess they are happy. :)

Thank you for the compliments on the fish everyone. They are gorgeous.

What type of sand is that? Where'd you get them?
The sand is washed white play sand from Home Depot. I paid just under 5 dollars for a ton of it. I only used about half the bag. I got 5 of my Xenos from Rocky Mountain. I took the last of his personal F1 stock, I guess. I ordered 7 more and received 8 from Southeast Cichlids German Pre-Order list.

This was a fish I really wanted when I set up my tank and finding any was like pulling teeth!! Literally. You just can't find them in the US anywhere, or at least I couldn't. I was hoping they would breed for me so I could help others out with that, plus I think their numbers are down now from collecting - or so I read. Therefore, this makes me sooo excited!

It's only been a day, but so far she's been a good mom. Made it through my scrubbing and water change this morning which was making me nervous. Hope she makes it all the way though and I get a lot of fry (and more breed, too!) Anyway, I'm so nervous about it. They have been courting for so long I finally yelled at her and told her quit teasing and do it already or leave him alone. I guess that worked. LOL. Fingers crossed.

Here's the video, I got it uploaded last night.

Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Ndole Bay Cichlid Spawn - Holding Female - YouTube

Yesterday, November 9th, exactly 21 days from spawn, I received approximately 20 darling fry. Video of fry release and pick-up coming soon - It's processing... I moved the female from the main tank to my 10 gallon shrimp tank at the 2 week mark, so she spent the last week alone there to rest. (Same thing I did with my female Callochromis). Worked out great, again.

Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Ndole Bay Cichlid Fry Release - YouTube

Thanks. Was happy to share. I love watching the little guys! They are doing great so far.

They aren't a goby cichlid, though. They are sand sifters. I do have a goby, too. He's pretty cool and lays his fins on rocks on either side of him like arms. Follows me around. He's a cool dude. Always looks so happy.

Back
Top Bottom