Hap and peacock not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
History, I added a new fish, who had really bad Ich. I've been treating the Ich for a week, and it's almost gone.

My large blue hap, who is the dominant in the tank is not eating, at least not that I can see for over a week. His anus is swollen too. He's starting to look sunk.

I mixed some peas and garlic powder and he ate it, but I havent seen him poop.

Now my Sulpher head isn't eating either.

Fish have been flashing like crazy, not so much anymore towards the end of the treatment.

I have treated with Victoria green, nitromersol, and Melafix, as well as adding 1 tbs salt to every 5 gallons.
I'm now doing a course of benzaldehyde and PVP. The water temp has been 84*

I keep reading posts about fish not eating with bad outcomes. These are my two favorite.

I'm thinking it's an internal parasite.
Would pranziquel help with this?

Should I use garlic guard?

Any other advice.

I am embarrassed I keep having these problems. You'd think id be pretty good by now. Thanks.

Have you tried live food? Has worked in the past for getting fish to eat again.

What about diseases? Will benzaldehyde take car of it if it's malawi bloat, or internal parasites?

Only fish i have had experience with intestinal issues were gold fish in my pond, and was able to feed peas too to solve that, not sure this would work in your situation :(... Im sure others have more knowledge on those meds.

I picked up some probiotic live worms and some general cure.

Can I combine general cure (metronidazole with praziquentel) with the Ich cure (benzaldehyde and PVP)

Don't ever use human food to make fish food it horrible for the digestive system. Also don't buy fish with ICH cause it will never get out of your tank

Don't ever use human food to make fish food it horrible for the digestive system. Also don't buy fish with ICH cause it will never get out of your tank

Obviously I didn't know he had Ich. And the belief that once Ich is in your tank it never leaves is a myth.

Back
Top Bottom