Hard water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bennyfoe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys 1st time writing but I have a cichlid tank and ive been testing my water and the strip is all good except it says my water is hard what should I do?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

"Cichlid" describes thousands of species and really means next to nothing for this. What species do you have?

The rift lakes in Africa are all in the hard and alkaline side and all three of those lakes are full of cichlid species. Cichlids inhabit pretty much every water condition out there

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok thanks ill try that
2 tiger oscars
2 jacks
2 electric blue johannis
2 convicts
2 jewels
2 peacocks

75g They are all babies right now so I got a min b4 I have to upgrade

Well for starters your stock is all over the water parameters. The peacock and johnnis are hard water
The Jewel I believe can be in softer water
and the rest are sa/ca. soft water.

Wow that's a crazy stocking in such a small tank. You need to upgrade now or start to rehome. Tank is only big enough for one of those oscars at any size. You should always stock a tank for the final size of the occupants to be. Your headed for disaster within days or weeks. Your fish are without a doubt suffering right now from stress. Impossible for them not to. Who told you that you could stock all these in a small tank and some that should never be together? I would make sure to never listen to them again. Do some research and get yourself going in the right direction early instead of dealing with problems later, and making the fish suffer for it.

Still babies for now I will be separating soon

Attachments

• 1418584733851.jpg
    1418584733851.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1418584769039.jpg
    1418584769039.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 68
Everyone is eating and no fighting at all I have a lot of hiding places but they all swim together

Back
Top Bottom