has anyone successfully crossbred Texas ans Convict cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know honestly how that would be possible but im not an expert

Oh boy I wrote a whole thing on not trying to make hybrids.... Dork I didn't read ur first comment.... Ugh but what u can do is check the family of both the fish to see if they are compatible.. Green terror and jds for example .. They can breed but arnt of the same family and arnt compatible, they will be defective most won't spawn from what I've read

It's bot anything I'd try. But I do have both species in one take. Before I had mature male convicts my females were laying eggs. The eggs never turned white and appeared fertile. My fish guy said my Texas cichlid COULD fertilize the eggs.

Yea I mean that's what I was kinda saying I duno if they would be compatible to the full extent. I was reading somewhere that jds can fertilize the eggs of green terrors how ever they are deformed and won't live very long.. Don't know if that article was credible so don't quote me on it haha.

From what I've read just now it is in fact possible for them to breed and not all that uncommon. There was a guy apparently who went to a shop the was even selling them

Edit. I still highly discourage this and if they were to mate flush the eggs.. Just my stance no hard feelings..

My convicts have babies all the time......they never last even an hour till there warren.

I'm assuming u meant eaten. It's always smart to separate your fry, especially if u have a community tank or an aggressive male :)

Back
Top Bottom