He was actually a she

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Italy592

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well months ago I had gotten a fish and had a thread up trying to id it and I'm pretty sure we came to a conclusion. Now I believe it's a female not a male an is holding !! Check it out

My question is that could it gotten pregnant from one of the other males ??

Meaning I thought that was a make wen I bought it but the mate is a female too I'm pretty sure do could it have been my yellow lab male ??

i think u have a red empress female thats why it got preggo :p
the markings match exactly, the shape is right.
why not vent all the fish to be sure of genders? xx

It's hard to vent an college is killing me but the yellow lab would of mated with her is what ur saying ??

Ohh wow that might be a cool mixture !!! I hope that's the case !!

Not one but two of my females are pregnant holy crap ha !! This is awesome !!!

Hey I have a question is it natural for a pregnant female to stay by a heater ?!?

yep. one of my gals did. it helps the fry grow and she keeps her energy up hanging there. my tip is to lower the heater to near a cave or the substrate for her to rest and keep warm xx

Ok good cuz she is resting on the substrate as well next to the heater behind the plants !!! Well at least that's a good thing haha

Who the females well there doing ok !!! I am excited to just can't wait for them to come

It I the hybrid n then the yellow lab female ia pregnant again

Back
Top Bottom