Heeeeeelp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GreenTerrorNoob

Aquarium Advice Activist
So cloudy performed about. A 90 percent water change and applied dome water carifier with a 30 gallon filter on a 15 gal tank .. How do i get rid of this mess! ?

Attachments

• image-47315161.jpg
    image-47315161.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 98
How long has it been like that? The gravel probably hasn't been cleaned well so it's just stirring up? Mine does thAt occasionally but settles afte a few hours

if you really don't like it blurry (even though it will settle in less than 24 hours) you can do another big water change and poor the new water into a bowl or on a rock/decoration in the tank so it doesn't stir everything up

Yes there are fish . Yes the substrate was washed fairly well and i also added 2 small bags of activated carbon . Filter pads and everything was rinsed in water from the water change also

Did it start when you added the substrate? It will clear with water changes and filter floss.
If the tank is cycling it could be a bacteria bloom.
It won't harm the fish.

Tank has been running for over a yr . I washed substrate while it was in tank during this recent water change and ii rinsed until it was clear so i do not believe its that. I woke up this morning for work and it is 2x as bad . Not time yo get a pic up .. Will later as son as i can.

GreenTerrorNoob said:
Tank has been running for over a yr . I washed substrate while it was in tank during this recent water change and ii rinsed until it was clear so i do not believe its that. I woke up this morning for work and it is 2x as bad . Not time yo get a pic up .. Will later as son as i can.

I'm sorry I'm a little confused. Are you saying you did a gravel vacuum or added new substrate? Have you changed anything in the tank recently? Substrate, filter pads, etc? It sounds like a bacteria bloom. Get a clear glass of tank water and hold it up to the light. Is it milky white or greeny brown?

I did not change anything in tanki removed the plants and rock to clean and do my weekly water change and the next day it looked like that. This was just taken it has gotten worse and it is milky white

Attachments

• image-3164709487.jpg
    image-3164709487.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 82
I would do another water change but this time leave your substrate alone. It looks as if too much BB was removed and now a mini cycle has started.

Have you tested your parameters today?

Malawi Freak said:
I would do another water change but this time leave your substrate alone. It looks as if too much BB was removed and now a mini cycle has started.

Have you tested your parameters today?

That was my next question :)
Keep up the water changes, keep an eye on params and ride it out.

Back
Top Bottom