Hello again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
Life got crazy hectic for me for a little bit so I haven't been on in a while. I'm toying with an idea I want your opinions on. I'm thinking of merging my two tanks. I've read that certain barbs can go in cichlid tanks, as well as Bolivian rams sometimes working in cichlid tanks. I'm current stock in my cichlid tank:
2 kenyi's
3 yellow labs
1 I believe is a peacock/yellow lab hybrid
1 acei
1 albino BN pleco.

The stock I'm thinking of adding:
2 Bolivian rams
6 black ruby barbs
1 longfin albino BN pleco
1 raphael catfish
3 bronze ,1 panda, 1 peppered cory

Bad idea or go for it?

I dont think the rams or corys will do well. But let some one else confirm.
what size tank?

I wouldn't recommend mixing African and South American cichlids together.. That's just me tho! Not trying to troll :)

Make sure your Cory's are nice and big and they should be fine. Made the mistake of buying ones too small for my African tank and they got bullied big time.

Make sure your Cory's are nice and big and they should be fine. Made the mistake of buying ones too small for my African tank and they got bullied big time.

Africans tend to eat Cory eyeballs. Not fair to the Cories !!!

Plus Amazonian Fish and African Cichlids like completely different water and Africans can die if they eat too much protein.

It's not at all a good idea. It does not work in the long run. Once the Africans get to breeding size, your peaceful fish will tend to die.

Africans like high PH and hard water and greens n veggies.

Cories and Rams like planted softer water tanks.

Thanks, my Cory's are at full size now with both eyeballs intact after growing out separately for a bit and then being reintroduced at a larger size. Most of my Africans are breeding size and don't bother them at all now.

Good advice but every fish is different and as long as they are happy, healthy and thriving in their environment they will remain there. Should it become a problem they can certainly go in one of my other 4 tanks.

Back
Top Bottom