help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannew

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Why are my cichlids breathing fast and sitting at mid water or near top I have a big air stone plus an internal filter with oxygen tube nitrite s are 0 ive done a small water change added prime and yhen some stability what could it be 55g africans

I would do a 50+% water change. Also aim your filter output up to the surface of the water to make more surface movement.

Do the fish look different at all? How's ammonia and nitrate?

Amonia and nitrates are all good fis seem a little stressed the only thing thats happened is the water has been getting really warm due to the hot weather its being getting close to 29 and soon as I get home im cooling it down with bottles or ice back to 24 25 only other thing is there not eating as much but I know they eat more when water is warm

Well, the heat might be making them ill. Not sure though, but i would recommend the cooling process all day and not just one part of the day(if you can). 29 is quite high, and they might suffer/die quickly.
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom