Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had one fish holding for a few days and planned to set up 10 gal and move her this weekend. She's a saulosi. Now tonight I see a hara white top holding and also a labido chismulu (clown lab). I can't put all 3 into 10 gal can I? It's only extra tank I have so I don't know what to do! These are my first fish ever holding so ALL ADVICE is appreciated! I I move tjem and they spit do I then move mother back?

Well nobody answered me. But I just picked up a new 36 gallon tank so hopefully that'll do the trick!

It would be best to leave them in the main tank. If you have alot of caves and hiding spots the fry will hide, keep in mind you will also have more fry in the future. Be careful if you try to.move them because you can stress them and they will swallow or spit the eggs out, hope this info helps you

It would be best to leave them in the main tank. If you have alot of caves and hiding spots the fry will hide, keep in mind you will also have more fry in the future. Be careful if you try to.move them because you can stress them and they will swallow or spit the eggs out, hope this info helps you

Will they get eaten? I have like 27 cichlids in there mostly mbuna but 3 peacocks too. I don't know what to do! I have plenty of hiding spots bit my rock work is all udon the middle so they could get attacked from both front and back and ambushed! I'm over thinking and maybe will try and move just to see! They're all young and first time holders so they may swallow till they get the hang of it anyway. I heard mothers statt attacking the fry a few days after they spit

Try to.move them hopefully they.dont swallow since its their first time holding but yeah move them so they wont get bullied around by the males

Just curious, what size is your main tank and what do you use for filtration?

These are in a 72 gallon bow front. I have a 90 gallon too and the newly set up 36 bow I was planning on moving moms to till they spit. For this tank I use filstar xp Xl canister and filstar xp L canister. Love them! Lotsa filtration and I think I feed too much but waters crystal clear and parameters perfect. Do about 1/3 change weekly too.

Here's couple pics with just one light on and then both

Attachments

• image-743515646.jpg
    image-743515646.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image-651312181.jpg
    image-651312181.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom