Help!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys so the other day I woke up turned on my light on my tank and found one of my labs had been stuck between rock work that had let go and fallen on him. Ever since then he's slowly been getting better ( he almost died ). But where the rock pinned him down there like white scab looking thing ? Can any one help me one with what I should do as in treating him or any suggestions ?

image-115365798.jpg

Melafix and Stess Coat are worthless in my opinion, clean water with nitrates below 10ppm, lower light, and reduced stress is the best medicine for any recovery. Watch the area for secondary infections such as fungus or bactrial infections, you'd see fuzziness or red blister type sores. That's the reason for clean water, nothing works better!

Last edited:
Ye as soon as I noticed I did a 30 precent water change and he's being doin a lot better now. Ill keep my eye on him

I'd also watch him hiding in the corner like that could mean that he got picked on to get that wound. But it also could have been just because he got hurt so just watch your other fish around him

I'd also watch him hiding in the corner like that could mean that he got picked on to get that wound. But it also could have been just because he got hurt so just watch your other fish around him

x2 watch your other fish and make sure they're not picking at the wound, if you can quarantine him in a separate tank to ensure he doesn't get picked at, and just make sure your water quality is good and he'll be fine in no time.

Thanks guys I was gonna set up a hostiptal tank but he's had a full recovery in no Time

Back
Top Bottom