Help 60 gallon stocking help me please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60 gallon show tank that I want to stock with African cichlids and need some help choosing stock and can I have a venastus ?

Sent from my PRO7D using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392364505809.jpg
    1392364505809.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 140
Well I see u have a lot of rock work so I would recommend munba ie electric yellow, yellow tail acies, white tail, kenyi. They all have great color but very aggressive

Yeh its all slate rock I get for free aha and thats what I was thinking could I put a venastus though I really like them

Yeh Haha I sell it and buy fish with the money >.<

Yeh aha and I bought some live rock that has been soaked in vinegar (not live no more ) I rinsed it out but I'm scared there's still viniger

If I put it on the roof to dry out completely for the whole day I live in Cali so its hott AF can I add them to the tank tommorow

If it were me is be just the same get a bucket and fill it with old tank water or treated tap. And let it soak for 5-10 hrs to make sure also after 5 hrs is up take rock out dump water and fill bucket back up with old tank water or treated and let it soak again then u would be 100% safe

Venustus get too big for that tank. I'd say they need a 125 when full grown. There's tons or mbuna that would work! Google mbuna profiles and go to the cichlid forum profiles page and look at what u like. Unless u have an awesome local shop for them ordering online is the way to go.
Hers a link. I can offer opinions on what u like.
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/category.php?cat=2

Aww that's sad to hear but okay thanks I have a LFS that carrys lots of African cichlids so I'll Prolly go check tht out mbunas are like cobalt blue zebras and yellow labs no?

Aww that's sad to hear but okay thanks I have a LFS that carrys lots of African cichlids so I'll Prolly go check tht out mbunas are like cobalt blue zebras and yellow labs no?

Yah those are mbuna. Venustus is a haplochromine. I mean u COULD get some fish like that which get bigger but be prepared to buy a bigger tank or trade in fish

Okay I'll probably do that

Back
Top Bottom