Help ASAP don't no where he's gone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there the title says everything I noticed these marks on my fish only yesterday

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403532622.345894.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403532646.474917.jpg

And I can't find him I have looked everywhere in the tank for him I have just done a clean and water change and he's not come out but the other three of his kind have come out and all the other fish are fine swimming out an active and I've even looked on the floor around the tank

Tank mates and information

And there is one pregnant fish

Red Zebra = maylandia Estheras x4
Kenya Cichlids =Pseudotropheus Lombardoi x 5
Melanochromis Auratus x 3
Brist nose cat fish x 2

My tank is 150 L
Temperature 25c 26c or 77F 78F
1 inch black sand
Ocean rock
Filter is a EFX 300

Feed is (jbl). Novo Malawi flakes. And. (New life) spectrum cichlid formula

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your auratus probably did that. If they are old enough to breed, you will have problems. I had a tank with exactly the same mix of cichlids you have (auratus, kennyi, zebras and yellow labs) ... I had to get rid of both the kenyii and auratus. Once they passed their juvenile stage and began to establish who was dominant ... I started losing fish.

Maybe that was just my experience, but I have read that Auratus and Kennyi (Lombardoi) are of the more aggressive variety of cichlids while your labs and zebras are comparatively peaceful.

Metriaclima lombardoi

Melanochromis auratus

If you are near PA I can hook you up with more labs as I have 40+ juveniles growing out right now.

Okay great what ones do I need to get rid of them x

Ok sorry didn't see the link okay I will try and change them ones x

I ended up giving the auratus away to a friend after it killed a couple of the kennyi's. I was also disappointed with them since when they reach maturity the beautiful yellow stripe disappeared and he turned brownish/black.

I didn't experience the wrath of the kennyis because my auratus was so bad. But personally, I love the yellow labs and their temperament. They fight a bit amongst themselves, but I haven't lost any from it.

So if I wanted to by this lits below
Wot fish do I take out and wot ones can I keep of mine x

WANT TO BUY

X3 Pseudotropheus Demasoni ** Demasoni Cichlid ** Malawi

X3 Pseudotropheus elongatus mpanga ** Malawi Cichlid ** (or other purple one) that will go in my tank

X3 Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" ** Malawi Cichlid ** (or another really bright coloured one like this one) that can go in my tank and how big will this one get

WOT FISH DO I TAKE OUT OF THIS LITS IF I WANT TO Keep the 1st lites

I HAVE

Kenya Cichlids =Pseudotropheus

Lombardoi x 5

Brist nose cat fish x 2

I have a demasoni with my yellow labs also. But I was told you get 1 or you get 12 ... cuz if you get less than 12, you end up with 1.

My friend has Acei's with his labs ... no problem. Don't know much about elongatus. I suspect your catfish will be fine. I have kept loaches and a synodontis catfish. Plecos will be fine with just about anything.

Cichlid Profiles

That profile says they are mildly aggressive and their size is comparable with the labs, zebras and aceis. I would guess they would work.

I'm assuming you want to keep the yellow labs instead of the Aaratus and Kenyii.

Yes the yellow lados
With the fish listed here if they can goto gether x

X3 Pseudotropheus Demasoni ** Demasoni Cichlid ** Malawi

X3 Pseudotropheus elongatus mpanga ** Malawi Cichlid ** (or other purple one) that will go in my tank how big do they get

X3 Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" ** Malawi Cichlid ** (or another really bright coloured one like this one) that can go in my tank and how big will this one get

But the fish I have now are

Kenya Cichlids =Pseudotropheus Lombardoi x 5
Brist nose cat fish x 2

So if I move to a mates house the
Auratus
Lombardi

The red zebra sholud go well x

Still can't find him x