Help!!! blue jack not doing so good!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karahrs

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got him about three days ago he didn't seem very active when we got him. He stays at the bottom and is now almost letting himself float away at points. He's about 1" so idk I have a hospital tank being set up now but as to do what after idk please help I love this little guys with all my heart

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Unfortunately EBJD's are fragile especially when small and need perfect conditions to reach adult size. If his physical condition looks good, no fungus or torn fins just keep the water pristine and no tank mates that will stress him. some have had success with these but most give up because of week stock. Best of luck. Post a picture if you can.

I have one already and put him into the tank with him and peacock fry that are no bigger than he was. He has passed since posted :( going to try for another one tomorrow. I think it was the pet store didn't put enough water in the bag when I brought him home. Just about 2.5 inches of water in a normal fish bag for two fish and a hour and a half car ride. And the my older blue jack had roughed him up a bit when he first got there. I set up my 3 gal 360 view to put the new one in until he looks good enough to hold off my older one who isn't any bigger than the ones I can get

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've kept fish in bags with 3-4" of water for 9+ hours. Generally is not the bag, but the stock. Like Mike said, EBJD are extremely weak and if you don't get good stock, they generally won't make it past the 2-3" mark, even with pristine water conditions and a vigorous anti-parasitical/fungal regime. My advice would be to find someone that breeds them more locally. They generally will produce much stronger lines than those that are commercially available.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom