help cichlids dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cwetherford

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Crazy ammonia spike I used medicine to lower it I have had a blue neon die this morning and a African and a sunburst dying what do I do to help them respond quick

but let's figure the source while your doing that.

How big of a tank?
how many fish?
How long has the tank been running?
what are your water parameters?
was the tank cycled?

Donkey Gun said:
do a 75% water change immediately.

hopefully you have a good water dechlorinator. I use Prime, it also detoxifies existing nitrates trites and ammonia.

55 gallon 8 cichlids 5 catfish 1 plecco and its been running like 3 months and yes its cycles

hopefully you have a good water dechlorinator. I use Prime, it also detoxifies existing nitrates trites and ammonia.

Prime is a very good dechlorinator but a bit pricey I have the bottle that treats up to 5000 gallons and it cost $20 but it'll help with your ammonia spike. I would recommend u get it but that's just me.

DerekMartinez said:
Prime is a very good dechlorinator but a bit pricey I have the bottle that treats up to 5000 gallons and it cost $20 but it'll help with your ammonia spike. I would recommend u get it but that's just me.

Worth every drop in my opinion...

No, you use it to dose the water for your water changes.

You should be doing partial water changes (pwc) at least once a week. The new water you put in the tank should be dosed with some kind of dechlorinator to remove the chlorine, chloramine, and ammonia from your tap water. The good thing about prime is it also detoxifies the nitrites and nitrates that are currently in your tank.

Have you tested your water today?

Donkey Gun said:
No, you use it to dose the water for your water changes.

You should be doing partial water changes (pwc) at least once a week. The new water you put in the tank should be dosed with some kind of dechlorinator to remove the chlorine, chloramine, and ammonia from your tap water. The good thing about prime is it also detoxifies the nitrites and nitrates that are currently in your tank.

Have you tested your water today?

This was a response for

Cwetherford said:
It's just like good start stuff

Back
Top Bottom