help cloudy eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Residentfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
has anyone had to deal with cloudy eye or pop eye? i have a 210 gallon tank with mostly peacock cichlids , all levels of ammonia , nitrates , and nitrites and ph are perfect. currently treating with API Melafix. i am on the 5 day of treatment of 7 according to directions.:fish2::fish2:

When I had then problem, I took my fish and put them into a medical tank just until they were better and medicated in there. I like that idea a little more...

When I had then problem, I took my fish and put them into a medical tank just until they were better and medicated in there. I like that idea a little more...

I have to agree. Every time I've treated in the main tank the fish usually ends up losing the eye as the meds aren't as effective. I have a 10 gal I use as a hospital tank and always just treat in there

thank you for the input but trying to catch these 5 fish in my tank would prove to be futile and stressful to the fish. my tank is 6 feet long 27 inches high and 2 feet back. the top of the canopy is 7 feet. i use a ladder to feed them. so i kinda have to treat the whole tank . i do take the carbon out of my sump and treat with the amounts of medication per gal that is recommended. we will have to wait and see , maybe i should treat for a parasite.

It's either work hard to get these bad boys out, or you don't have a very good chance of them surviving. Also, you can stain your tank with medications...

I had a female kenyi with a cloudy eye, it went away over time with extra water changes. But I never knew what it was tho.

i would like to get them out but it would just be a flury of stress!!! probably cause more problems. medication is clear as well. as soon as i get a chance iwill post pictures. thankyou for all input much appreciated:)

Back
Top Bottom