Help i.d. Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish madness

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all good afternoon. I would love if someone could help i.d. This fish. I picked it out of a mixed tank. Most likely a hybrid but was wondering what the parents could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image-3508568273.jpg
    image-3508568273.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53
  • image-3190347907.jpg
    image-3190347907.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 64
Hello all good afternoon. I would love if someone could help i.d. This fish. I picked it out of a mixed tank. Most likely a hybrid but was wondering what the parents could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like a fuscotaeniatus possibly? I'm not sure. If it is, I hope you have a big tank hah.

Will the colors change? The one i seen on google had orange red on the fins. And the color on the body itself is a bit different.

Over the next week with good food, and let him settle in, his colors may change a lot. But like I said it's just a guess, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Yeah i have had the fish for a good 6 months now and the only thing that has changed would be the fish's lips have gotten bigger.

It's a melanochromis joanjohnsonae likely. Sometimes the labidochromis textilus an these are sold as the same thing

Oh I thought you had just gotten him. And I don't think it's a Joanjohnsonae

Oh I thought you had just gotten him. And I don't think it's a Joanjohnsonae

I'm pretty sure. But you are right the mouth area looks note hap than mbuna. Not a fusco though. They have blotchy pattern. Google joanjohnsonae or exasperatus or textilus and u get all sorts of confusing threads on them! They have many different looks with blues/gold/white/ tan. Here's a link to one that looks like his.

http://www.petfish.net/articles/Cichlids/Melanochromis_joanjohnsonae.php.

Back
Top Bottom