Help ID this guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tacoeater

Aquarium Advice Activist
Female Kenyi maybe?
Almost 2 years old now so fully colored.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392351835.012139.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392351848.567790.jpg
Thanks.

P. olitatuos

@raflieboy not a Demasoni, they are alot brighter and smaller also no such thing as "giant".

They also don't have yellow egg spots

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess you did not click on the link that I provided. Yes there is a fish called a Giant Demasoni and they are not as aggressive as the Pombo Rocks Demasoni's. The Giant Demasoni also has egg spots.

Could you also give some more details on the fish you believe it is. I could not find anything on it.

@raflieboy not a Demasoni, they are alot brighter and smaller also no such thing as "giant".

Why did you even think it was a kenyi. All male african cichlids have egg spots and here's a real pic of a Demasoni ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397567691.074310.jpg they look nothing alike

Seriously, please read the response more thoroughly before responding with the same things.

There's a reason common names are used infrequently by many experienced hobbyists, as they can be confusing and several fish can use the same common name. Demasoni were never suggested... Metriaclima sp. dolphin was, where as demasoni are psuedotropheus demasoni.

Female kenyi are blue with stripes, it's an honest mistake, although it definitely is not one, no need to have attitude. And in the aquarium, some females DO have eggs spots in species that are far removed from their wild counterparts.

Please just cool it, having an attitude with people on here won't get you very far

Back
Top Bottom