help identifying this cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need help figuring out what this mbuna is, he was in a "mixed mbuna" tank at the lfs and I have identified all the others in the mix. I can't find his pic on a google search and I want to know what he is as a responsible pet owner because I have 30 days to exchange him if he turns out to not be compatible with the others. He also has a greenish stomach like a gravid spot but not.

It would appear that you are right! LOL, it seems to be a fairly aggressive cichlid. That is what I needed to know to make the right choice for my tank. Thanks!

Now I have found out that 2 of my prettiest cichlids are mbuna that are fairly aggressive. So the decision making process comes. Do I keep the mbunas and base the tank around them or move over to the peacocks and haps and go for more docile fish? I think I am leaning towards the more peaceful cichlids, I haven't much heart for aggression in the tank. LOL, I'm such a softy.

Tiffi said:
Yes, why? Is it your homepage :wink: ?

LOL...no but Tim's Tropicals is one of my favorites...I have it bookmarked just for times such as these. :)

Zagz - I can understand your dilemma. Go with aggressive tank with limited numbers or hold out for the peaceful community with large assortments???

Decisions, decisions....

Back
Top Bottom