Help me fill my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xray

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since The first time I saw them, Cyrtocara Moorii have been my favorite fish. Due to many circumstances, I have only had them twice before. Both times they fought like brave little cichlids. I now refuse to keep Pseudotropheus Zebra's because of it.

Anyway heres my dilemma, since the last time I had them I have done some reading. Some say that Cyrtocara Moorii need a minimum of 125 gal. I have a 90 gal. This is the first big (>75gal) tank I have had. I have no room in the house for anything bigger. I really would like to see these beautiful fish in my tank, but I would hate to cramp them up.

What do you think, could I keep them in a 90 or is that too small. I really respect your opinions, and will follow your advice. So let me know.

X-Ray, I'd tend to agree with the ppl who told you that C. moorii needs a 125. The problem with a 75 or a 90 is that it doesn't really provide much more swimming room than a 55. A 125 gives the fish a full 6 feet to swim. I refused to stock them in the 100-gallon Tenecor I'm setting up (for someone else) bcz 4 feet really doesn't seem fair.

There are plenty of other great Malawi cichlids out there. The malawi peacocks are truly fantastic. Other M'bunas and haps don't tend to get the bump on their heads that makes C. moorii so popular, but they do have great color!

Back
Top Bottom