Help me ID my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CameronCade

Aquarium Advice Freak
http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGB8cgtO_NEMa_unLXZsX3Q?feature=guide
This is my YouTube page. I have two videos of my tank.

I believe I have....
Yellow lab Sex -?
Melachromis auratus ( yellow with black stripe) sex-?
Fire mouth cichlid. Sex-?
Red zebra (solid orange) sex -male I think. Dummy egg spots
Johanni (blue with blackish purple) sex-?
Kenyi ( powder blue with dark blue stripes) sex- female I think
Albino socolofi Sex- ?

This is all guessing on my part. If y'all know please chime it. Sorry for the accent. I'm from the south :p

Few pics

Attachments

• image-3366645436.jpg
    image-3366645436.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 159
  • image-2086139908.jpg
    image-2086139908.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image-488176787.jpg
    image-488176787.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2070762528.jpg
    image-2070762528.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 166
  • image-1566360644.jpg
    image-1566360644.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 159
  • image-2952542323.jpg
    image-2952542323.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 160
The stripes on the powder blue fish do run vertically. The blue fish that has horizontal stripes is a johanni I think.

Bump. Got this guy today. Hard to get a pic of him.

Attachments

• image-122022193.jpg
    image-122022193.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 131
  • image-1996351573.jpg
    image-1996351573.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 108
Bump. Got this guy today. Hard to get a pic of him.

Great looking cichlids. Im new to the aquarium hobby but also went with african cichlids. Im having a hard time identifying them all also. Alot of the cichlids seem to look alike, yet are different. I feel I bought fish I dont know alot about but hope to learn more before I continue putting more in as they may not be compatible. I went to my local fish store today which is the largest in the area and has 2 different rows of african cichlids. I told the girl the fish I have that I know the names of and asked which others would be compatible. She said well they are all cichlids so they will all get along. Which after reading a bit I realize all african cichlids dont get along. So finding a place that can give us all the most informative answers would help lol

You may want to consider getting that Firemouth out of there. They are Central American cichlids.

Right now I have a some type of hap or peacock in my mbuna cichlid tanks and his been hiding a lot. He is so timid but his bigger than most of em. I was told he was a mbuna cichlid but the lfs was wrong.

You may want to consider getting that Firemouth out of there. They are Central American cichlids.

thats my problem, I got a bit anxious and bought fish that looked nice. but I don't know the names of the fish. which I know is pathetic but which one is the firemouth?

thats my problem, I got a bit anxious and bought fish that looked nice. but I don't know the names of the fish. which I know is pathetic but which one is the firemouth?

Yep they are all labeled "assorted cichlids" :/

http://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGB8cgtO_NEMa_unLXZsX3Q?feature=guide
This is my YouTube page. I have two videos of my tank.

I believe I have....
Yellow lab Sex -?

You'll need to vent these to find if male or female, its the only true way to be sure.

Melachromis auratus ( yellow with black stripe) sex-?

Yellow with Melachromis auratus is said to be a female if it doesn't turn colors.

Fire mouth cichlid. Sex-?

I know nothing when it comes to new world Cichlids

Red zebra (solid orange) sex -male I think. Dummy egg spots

You'll need to vent these aswell

Johanni (blue with blackish purple) sex-?

Male is blue and the female is yellow

Kenyi ( powder blue with dark blue stripes) sex- female I think

Female the male is yellowish

Albino socolofi Sex- ?

You'll need to vent these

This is all guessing on my part. If y'all know please chime it. Sorry for the accent. I'm from the south :p

You did pretty good

Thanks for the help! I've tried to do some research but sometimes it's hard to distinguish.

Back
Top Bottom