Help me identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyg23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a few fish I bought in an assorted tank and would like help identifying.

Attachments

• image-2951486319.jpg
    image-2951486319.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3995485402.jpg
    image-3995485402.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1346768417.jpg
    image-1346768417.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 76
1st and 3rd ones are beautiful!! (y)

Thank you. I got them for 88 cents a piece. They seem to fit in well with my to adult female dempseys and juvenile convicts, and a gold fish? Don't know how he made it.

I'm never good at this, but the first one kinda looks like a Astatotilapia "Tomato" or a "Thick skin" that would be from the Lake Victoria area (east Africa)

Of course I could be way off but I try lol!:whistle:

Ha all I took was a shot too! Saw some on aquabid that looks like it today. Still not sure but I do know I want one!

Thanks for helping with that bro. I took a shot lol

And I think the names you used and I used are the same fish anyway! I'm terrible at it and you never can tell till you see them color iPod in good water etc. at least I know I can't.

Thank you both for the help. I bought 8 total and 4 were eaten the first night. My friend bought the other 8 the store had and his turtle ate them all. I will try to get a little better pictures of them in the morning when I get home.

Thank you both for the help. I bought 8 total and 4 were eaten the first night. My friend bought the other 8 the store had and his turtle ate them all. I will try to get a little better pictures of them in the morning when I get home.

Wow are they lots smaller than the established fish? I missed you said ADULT jd's I don't think they'd let much live in their tank that's a new addition. My experience at least back in the day. Only time I ever had a new fish live with mine was when I got a green terror the same size and put them in a new tank at the same time together. Sometimes they're mean sob's. had one kill 4 pacu and 2 other jd's and a red devil all same size or bigger he's now a lone fish in a 55

Wow are they lots smaller than the established fish? I missed you said ADULT jd's I don't think they'd let much live in their tank that's a new addition. My experience at least back in the day. Only time I ever had a new fish live with mine was when I got a green terror the same size and put them in a new tank at the same time together. Sometimes they're mean sob's. had one kill 4 pacu and 2 other jd's and a red devil all same size or bigger he's now a lone fish in a 55

My jds are about 8-10 inches long and are even allowing a half inch convict to live in the tank. For the most part they are very docile, only a few times have they been territorial. It's actually quite fun to see them interact with the others.

I also forgot that I have 2 tire track eels. Must be because they constantly hide in their cave.

Back
Top Bottom