Help me save my fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcass

Aquarium Advice Freak
Here's the deal...I have a 76 gallon reef ready tank with internal overflow box. One o my bumblebee cichlids has somehow jumped into it. First, is it in any immediate danger in there and second, any ideas how to get him out? With two PVC pipes in there I am not seeing any good way to net him.

Attachments

• image-2792489158.jpg
    image-2792489158.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 81
See if you can get him out with your hand, be gentle with him though. I dont see him being in any great danger in there but id get him out asap.

Cichlid-dude said:
See if you can get him out with your hand, be gentle with him though. I dont see him being in any great danger in there but id get him out asap.

+1.. to avoid this again put a screen overtop the overflow ;)

I've always just removed them stand pipe from the overflow and just let them get sucked into the sump(of course it's off) and simply put them back into the tank.

Now if he's larger than with the pipe removed you'll have more room, it also helps to remove most of the water from the overflow.

Spent about an hour last night trying to net with no luck. He seemed to be doing so alright at around 1:30 this morning I went to bed unsuccessful. When I got up this morning I had no circulation. He made it into the drain pipe. As if it wasn't hard enough to get him out of the overflow box....ughhhhh! So I suppose today ill be playing plumber.

Back
Top Bottom