Help me stock my 56 gal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicosia31

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im very excited to finnnnally stock my new 56 gal. I need a little help though, I have 8 very aggressive malawi cichlids in my 29 gal now who will be moved over; including 2 johanni, red zebra, albino zebra, female auratus, yellow tail acei, rusty, and yellow lab. I plan on ordering 6 kenyi and maybe a few venustus. If not venustus, im also considering more auratus or zebras.

Howwwever, i feel like I've heard not to mix mbunas and haps (i.e. nimbochromis venustus). Is it a bad idea to add venustus? They seem to be aggressive enough.

56gal = 30"x18"x26"
2 Emperor 280's with bio wheel.

do you not do research on the fish that you have? venustus get huge, at least 10 inches, they dont belong in your tank at all, 1 reason being that your fish you have now are incompatible and will most likely be considered as food in the future, 2nd reason being that they have different care requirements and 3rd reason, your tank will quickly be overstocked with venustus. please, at least try to do some research before asking questions like this. a simple google search gave me all of the above information.

Back
Top Bottom