Help my flowerhorn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hossein8439

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My flowerhorn's intestine comes out.
I use metronidazole 250 milligram per each 40 liter. And add salt and bring temperature up to 32.
Please help me more!uploadfromtaptalk1427708418153.jpg

What are you feeding him? A prolapsed anus is usually indicative of a diet too high in protein and fat. Add epsom salt to his water, hold off on feeding him a few days and let the issue resolve itself.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I recently purchased this fish only ten days ago. I don't know what is that salt u say.
this fish will die?

I recently purchased this fish only ten days ago. I don't know what is that salt u say.
this fish will die?

What are you feeding him? What are your tank parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate.

No, the fish shouldn't die. It's a fairly common issue in flowerhorns.

And you should be adding epsom salt not aquarium salt. Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate and can be found in most pharmacies usually advertised as helping aches and pains, just make sure it is 100% natural epsom salt and no scents or dyes added. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427744004.511011.jpg it may also come in a little cardboard container.

Just google flowerhorn prolapsed rectum.

As with anything it is all about variety. I'd go with high quality foods like Hikari gold, new life spectrum, hai feng.

I agree with Nigel. The truth is in the poo. When I switched to NLS years ago I could not believe the difference.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OK. Was wondering since I have one as well. Its on omega one right now but eating a single hikari gold pellet every two to three days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Omega one pellets or flakes? I would not do flakes if you are trying to get size on him because its way more messy than pellets. Omega one is good also but as I said with the NLS you can see the consistency with the size and color of the waste. It may sound strange but before I was feeding the NLS and would vacuum up the waste it would be clumpy and stringy. with the NLS its consistent in shape and color. Unfortunately my hybrid wants nothing to do with the NLS, spits it out when I try to trick him with it so he gets omega one pellets.

Don't mean to derail this thread, thanks mike would like to discus this more in length in one of mine. In short, mine isn't a picky eater, its been on omega one flakes as well as some finer pellets but the hikari small pellets are still a little tough for it to get down so its usually only a single pellet. Purchase size was around 1 1/4 inches and its already at 3".

Hello,
I bought sulfat magnesium, it is 99%.
Now how much of it i use for my aquarium?
It has 80-90 liter.
My flowerhorn has 13 centimeters length.
Please help.

Hi Hossein, I'm not familiar with the treatment, Nigel can probably help you there, but let's try to get the whole picture.

What size is your tank and how long has the tank been set up.

What and how often are you feeding the flower horn.
please answer those two questions to best help us proceed.

My tank has set up about two weeks ago. Also i used tetra bactusium for nitrogen cycle.
But after that my flower became sick. I used normal dry food, and i put food in water before using. Each day i gave him four time food, 3-4 seed per each time. But the fish seller didn't do this. He gave much dry foot to him without putting them in water.
Now temperature is 32 degree. Adding aquarium and magnesium salt. And adding metronidazole 250 milligram per each 40 liter. I added this pills on Saturday morning, 2-3 pills for about 80-90 liter. I psiphon 10 liter each day. Today, Tuesday, i added 2-3 pills again. And for the first time I added 4-5 teaspoon of magnesium sulfate. I have not seen any improvement yet.
My fish hasn't eaten for about 4-5 day. But he wants to eat every time i go near him.
Today I put one little seed food in water of metronidazole and gave it to him.
He has became darken and his body has became slim, his head has became small. Recently he goes around a few.
Last night i saw blood in his intestine coming out.
Please help me. I can not speak in english well. Use easy words please.

What is your language, I can try a translator.

First, a two week old tank is not cycled, you need to do more water changes, a larger amount of water too.

I would feed at most twice daily.

What brand food are you using?

I'm having to translate these figures but it looks like 32°c is around 90°f which sounds a little high. I keep mine at 82°f or around 27.5-28° C

Back
Top Bottom