HELP mysterious red rash killing all my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krutchh

Aquarium Advice Newbie
55g- I woke up and 3 of my fish were stiff at the bottom with a red veiny rash. It looked like they had been scuffing rocks as well.

Hours later I notice all of my fish starting to shimmy and scrape up on the rocks. The fish stores are closed I have a feeling all of my fish will be gone tomorrow. PH is high and good. Nitrites Nitrates Ammonia low. the water quality is great my fish have all looked healthy a couple days ago. could this be flukes, parasites, bacteria? Theres no visible fungus or worms attached to any of them. It appears as if they are bleeding internally on the bad fish.

I did a heavy water change, raised the temp to 82 and added 10-15 teaspoons of aquarium salt.

nooooo

Attachments

• image-3448902480.jpg
    image-3448902480.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 96
What exactly do you mean ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate are low??? Your amm. and trites should be nonexistent.

If you are having issues with ammonia and nitrite you can do a big waterchange and dose with prime up to 5 times normal dose, This will help detoxify ammonia and nitrite but still keep it available for your bacteria, also it helps with their slime coat and from what you describe your fish need help with the slime coat. They could be having a reaction to the ammonia or nitrite or a week immune system from the stress of living with ammonia and nitrite

Back
Top Bottom