Help!!! Sick Frontosa.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi can anyone help. I was watching my fish last night and all of a sudden my frontosa went mad. He was swimming as fast as he could and was bouncing off rocks and the side of the tank. He then started doing what looked like somersaults. I took him out of the tank for fear the other fish would take advantage of him and put him in a bucket I use for water changes. I tried reintroducing him again this morning be he did the same weird behaviour straight away? Anyone know what's up with him.

What are his tank mates? What is the size of the tank? And what are you water parameters

There's an mixture of Malawi in a 4ft tank and the water parameters are spot on. I be had him for over a year and I thinks he s picked up a disease more than anything but don't know what to treat with.

If they were babies when you got them then they should be reaching sexual maturity which the mbunas (malawi) are extremely aggressive compared to your frontosa (tanganyika) this is why it is not recomended to mix lakes together not even taking into consideration different water requirements and diets

Mrc8858 said:
If they were babies when you got them then they should be reaching sexual maturity which the mbunas (malawi) are extremely aggressive compared to your frontosa (tanganyika) this is why it is not recomended to mix lakes together not even taking into consideration different water requirements and diets

True. How big is the front and how big are the tank mates? Also what type of malawis? That is a broad spectrum of fish.

Back
Top Bottom