Help tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martincrofts

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently had a bad time my two foot tank has a leak. i had to house all my fish into a 3 foot tank and my baby cichlids into another smaller tank whilst my other is repaired. i lost some of my fish due to the move. short story would my baby talapia 2 convicts about 5 cms two to three cat fish be okay in my 2 foot tank when repaired or will they out grow it? any help will be greatly appreciated

15 gallons. See aquariumdimensions.com

I think convicts get pretty big. Definitely will out grow within a year. I believe.

It was more the tilapia I was worried about convicts are a 6 to 7 inch fish

I looked into it after u said I think is because they are a bulky fish if that makes sense the seem bigger

Maybe I was thinking of Another fish. I saw something that looked like a large convict @ the Chattanooga aquarium recently but have never kept them.

Maybe this is my first cichlid tank wanted something with a little more aggression that than my mollies gourami ect

Yes I've read they are fast breeders nothing as of yet so I'm guessing same sex

That tank isn't big enough for a convict unless you only want one fish. The tilapia will need a 75 gallon or more as it matures!

That tank isn't big enough for a convict unless you only want one fish. The tilapia will need a 75 gallon or more as it matures!

Second that . Convicts need a minimum tank size of 30. Of coarse you can always be cruel and put them in a smaller tank making them live stressed out the rest of their lives

Well back to the bigger tank they go then when my others fixed hate moving them back and forth

Yeah your gonna need at least a 20 gallon for the convicts... and if they spawn and you have other fish in there.. they will be dead shortly

I'm thinking they are both male assessment no orange banding is it. I so no breeding. Yes my spotted tilapia is about 2cms at min but holding its own

Back
Top Bottom