Help!! What disease is this???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liljosh609

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I've had cichlids for a while. Haven't done anything different. Then come home from school and boom, this guy is dying. He just I flushed him because they were eating him alive and he was missing an eye so I knew he was done. But I want to know if it's a disease that I need to treat, and if so, how? Or if it's just the fish picking on him Btw they were doing a lot of picking on him before and last night he was looking kinda bad. Please help me. Thanks

Attachments

• image-1485791636.jpg
    image-1485791636.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 73
How long was the fish in the tank? Was he a recent addition?
Is this a south American tank or an African?
What are his tankmates?
Size of aquarium?

The picture isn't good enough to definitively say but knowing how my cichlids have killed that just looks like he's been ate up but I could be wrong...was there anything "growing" on him or just look like torn flesh

Mrc8858 said:
The picture isn't good enough to definitively say but knowing how my cichlids have killed that just looks like he's been ate up but I could be wrong...was there anything "growing" on him or just look like torn flesh

He looks far too battered to actually see if there even was a disease.

He was an African in there for over a year. All other Africans jn the tank. Also a Dempsey, ok I know I should not have him but I got it a while ago and he hasnt done much. He just does his own thing and they leave him alone.

Oh and it's a 55 gallon. He really just looks like he got ripped apart everywhere. But there were some weird looking scratch looking marks on his eyes. Both eyes.

liljosh609 said:
He was an African in there for over a year. All other Africans jn the tank. Also a Dempsey, ok I know I should not have him but I got it a while ago and he hasnt done much. He just does his own thing and they leave him alone.

My guess would be that the Dempsey got a little murder happy and the africans joined in. I wouldn't treat for anything unless you see fish acting ill or have fungus.

Also, fish tend to go for the eyes when fighting another fish.

Uh it was a brown assorted. Basically just a solid brown afr. Cichlid. He did in, in fact have yellow on the end of dorsal and on his tail fin.

Back
Top Bottom